This cemetery appears to have been developed for as a burial ground for Americans in Iloilo during the later years of the American occupation of the Philippines. It is located on the Commission Civil in the Jaro district of Iloilo City. An old postcard refers to it as the “new” American Cemetery In Iloilo. The postcard is dated 1928. The cemetery is now operated by the Philippine-American Cemetery Association of Iloilo City, Inc. Membership is 60% Filipino and 40% American and is limited to residents of Panay Island, Guimaras and Negros Occidental. The ground-level crypts in the cemetery are all in use or already sold. The Association has constructed mausoleum structures to accommodate additional internments. The Association has a multi-purpose hall on the site.
The niches shown above are the only interment option currently available at the Philippine-American Cemetery.Further information. The Association plans to establish a website which will provide information about those interred in the cemetery.